With so many diet plans out there (Paleo, Keto, Vegan, Mediterranean, Low Fat, etc.) it’s become increasingly confusing to figure out what and how to eat for health and longevity. The fact remains that eating a nutrient dense diet (1) is what supplies our bodies with vitamins, minerals, and the amino and fatty acids it needs to function at its best.
Given our ever-increasing busy lifestyles, making the time to prepare and eat a variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts, diverse grains, healthy fats, and proteins can often be a challenge, but one that makes sense to prioritize. Looking to see how your diet stacks up or ready to make some additions to your cooking repertoire? This link includes a list of the 30 most nutrient dense foods to consider (2) along with links to recipes to help get you started or add in a little variety (3,4).
With that being said, it can be immensely helpful to round out nutritional gaps with a high quality, whole food nutritional supplement. A supplement is defined as something that completes or enhances something else when added to it, hence, you still need to actively work on eating nutrient dense foods. If you aren’t getting enough nutrient dense foods in your diet, are on a restrictive or low-calorie diet, have poor nutritional absorption, are vegan or vegetarian, pregnant, an athlete or elderly, you may want to consider adding one in.
If, like most people, you are leading a busy lifestyle with little time to prep and prepare whole foods consistently and with variety, these benefits listed below most likely will apply to you:
- Corrects Nutritional Deficiencies (5)
- Supports Healthy Pregnancy (6)
- Promotes Proper Growth and Development (7)
- Helps Maintain Bone Strength (8)
- Improves Brain Function (9,10)
- Enhances Eye Health (11)
- May Benefit Heart Health (12,13)
What to Look For
Which multivitamin should you take? Since vitamins are not monitored by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it’s important to do your research. Look for multivitamin brands that produce supplements using real, whole-food sources rather than synthetic ingredients to boost absorption and bioavailability. Additionally, be sure to check the multivitamin ingredients label carefully to be sure your supplement isn’t loaded with artificial fillers and additives which are often used to extend shelf life and cut costs but can end up depleting the nutritional value of your multivitamin. Finally, consider reaching out to the company you are considering to find out if they test for heavy metals and other contaminants in their final products.
A Great Choice
If you aren’t sure where to start or if you are looking for an all-in-one multivitamin with added benefits, you’ll definitely want to consider Core Synergy from the Earth Synergy Store, and here’s why.
It’s a whole food and organic nutritional supplement with ingredients that work to create a natural synergy in the body with NOTHING synthetic. Core Synergy includes:
- Highest quality vitamins and minerals in the natural, biologically active forms our bodies understand.
- Non-GMO and made with organic whole foods, herbs, and extracts.
- Boost your immune system and energy levels from the antioxidant and vitamin C complexes.
- Special ingredients support focus and mental clarity, cardiovascular and circulatory health.
- Includes highly sought-after form of B12, Adenosylcobalamin for cellular energy production, as well as the important methylated form, Methylcobalamin.
- Includes Niacin (vitamin B3) as NADH, a rare and extremely effective form of niacin.
- Digestive support includes alkalizing greens and detox blend.
- Phytonutrients to help fight oxidative stress and keep your immune system functioning at its best.
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy Free
- No Fillers
This particular supplement not only works to boost the immune system, but offers digestive enzymes, energy, stress and brain support, an alkalizing greens and detox complex, essential amino and fatty acids, plus a cardiovascular and circulatory support blend. Its also tested for heavy metals and other contaminants.
Feeling low in energy? Eating the same foods over and over? No time to cook? Definitely look into a high-quality nutritional supplement like Core Synergy and consider the recipe and food list links below (2, 3, 4) to start slowly adding in more nutrient dense foods into your diet. Even just starting with one or two of these foods can get you on the right path towards health, along with a well vetted supplement to fill the gaps.